BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thank You, Steve


I am thankful to Steve Jobs for many things this morning.  If it wasn't for the Mac, I couldn't work as effectively on the Maverick Dad blog as I am right now.  I might not have ever heard the cute way that my Savannah says.......angy buds (angry birds) as she reaches for my Iphone.  But most of all, I am thankful for his philosophy of living a "no regrets" life.  That we are all terminal and the sooner we realize this, the sooner we can go work on those things that really matter.  Steve Jobs asked himself this question at the end of every day.  "If I get to live tomorrow, would I work on the same thing that I did today?"  If he answered "no" too many days in a row, he knew it was time to re-think his life.  He knew that life was short.  For a Christian dad, this is probably the most important principle we can understand and follow.  The Scripture teaches that your life is a vapour that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away.  It also teaches us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.  Imagine how it would change us as husbands, dads, friends, brothers in Christ, and overall as men, if we truly believed and followed this principle.  A friend of mine and I have been talking about the need to eliminate "stuff" from our lives.  In fact, I believe now that what you say "no" to, is more important than what you say "yes" to.  We all need a "To NOT Do list".  So I ask this question......"If we get to live tomorrow, would we work on the same things that we did today?"  Eternity is calling.  Only what is done for that world will last.

Blessings,

Maverick Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment