BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 7, 2011

A Little Heaven On Earth


Most of us dads are just plain busy.  Not only do we have a lot of things to do, but we also have a lot of things on our minds at any given time.  In fact, many of us feel overwhelmed most of the time.  I have found that taking a break from it all and going outside to play with my children puts a lot of life into perspective.  My children get their heart's desire, to have their dad spend time with them, and my mind and body get to relax.  Many times, I'm much better prepared to tackle the world after these ventures into the imaginary world of children, than when I began. 

Just today I spent some time sword fighting and adventuring through the woods with my son, Chase.  I got to hear things like....."Dad, we'll tie the bad guys up with briars until they cry for their wives!!!!!".......and, "Don't panic dad!!".......after I yelled "ouch!" as a large briar branch tore into my uncovered calf!  We laughed, wrestled, yelled, ran, jumped, and pretty much saved the world in one afternoon.  By the time we were heading back to the house, I couldn't remember what had been so important that I had to pull myself away to spend time with my son. 

Jesus said....."Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God."  Not only do we miss learning about the world to come when we don't spend time with our children, but I also think we miss a little Heaven on earth.  So next time your little ones asks if you will play outside with them, go ahead!  The world will still be waiting for you when you get back, but it won't look so intimidating.   

Blessings,

Johnny B.

No comments:

Post a Comment